Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Coupla Cheap Redos

Well, summer is upon us. That means more time (to blog, decorate, cook, garden, exercise, etc.) and a better me! I've started doing a few things to spruce up the casa and here's what I've done most recently. First, our guest bath. It was a mish-mash of red, black and white...not doin' it for me anymore. I had seen an awesome bath at Tillman's Roadhouse in FW that really inspired me. It had framed album covers all over the walls. Very interesting to look at. When I saw these old (like 1910-1950's) sets of sheet music at an antique store on our getaway to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, I knew I had to have them! At $1 each I bought 10. Frames were from Michaels' in packs of 2 for $7. Shower curtain was Marshall's for $12.99. Here's the before and after:




Next was our master bedroom. It's been a LONG time coming. We've lived in our house for almost 2 years and I've bought things here and there with a plan in mind and this weekend I worked on painting (with my mom's help) and then hanging stuff on the walls. Not complete, but much improved for not having to spend any money this weekend to do this. I still want a chair for the corner and better curtains and another throw pillow or two, but still. We literally had NOTHING hanging on the walls. See proof below.






Not too shabby, eh?? And yes, I know that fan is really ugly but my husband can't sleep unless he has 25 mph winds blowing on him at night.

2 comments:

Robert and Heidi Stevener said...

LOVE IT!!! You are amazing at decorating! Well, I already knew that since you did Mariella's entire nursery!!! Love you so much!

Beth said...

I love the bathroom and bedroom so much! They look awesome!

vintage blue